Sunday, June 23, 2013

All to the Glory

Sometimes, living out my mittens can be a little tedious. Mittens aren't always very glamorous. Like spending my days at work uploading product pictures to the company's website. It isn't very glamorous. I complain about it on occasion (good-natured complaining, I hope – if that's possible?) to my friends. But it's a summer job, and it puts food on the college tuition payment table.

More than that, though, doing this work makes me think about my mittens. Can I bring shalom into the chaos of something like this? Does this dull work of downloading and uploading pictures of products even do that? Can a company website really use some shalom? Is this something I can do to glory of God, as if working for the Lord, not for men?

I've come to think the answer is ita. ναί. Si. Hai.

In other words, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment