Thursday, September 27, 2012

Shameless Tiger Love

I love my tiger.

Seriously.

His name is Hobbes, and I love him.

Here he is:

I'm pretty proud of my tiger. He's the first sewing project I ever undertook on my own, and I think he turned out pretty well. I mean, I know exactly where all of his flaws are, but hey, I still think he's adorable. Even if I did make him myself.

There's something about finishing a project that's really exciting. I have several projects that I've started – or gotten the supplies for, but didn't quite get to the "started" stage – and haven't completed. Hobbes is one that I saw through from start to finish. He was time-consuming, he was tedious, I've poked myself with my needle more times than I can count, and he's far from perfect – like I said, I know where my mistakes are, and I'm sure I could stand to worry less about them – but he was worth it.

Tiger hugs are pretty fantastic, too.

2 comments:

  1. Finishing a project is very satisfying. It brings a sense of warmth and joy way down inside, especially when it turns out so well. Yes, you know all it's flaws, but you made it and love it anyway. Wonder if that's something like the joy the Creator had in making the world (although initially without flaws). Maybe that's why we have joy and satisfaction in creating something. I like to imagine God having a wonderful time creating. So enjoy your creation and give him lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this quote today that reminded me of your project - the poet Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it."

    ReplyDelete