Tuesday, April 2, 2013

An Inverse Relationship

So my dear, adorable, wonderful little sister got me a present. Which was very nice of her. However, my dear, adorable, wonderful little sister has a rather different method of wrapping her presents. Let's just say it starts with a shoebox-sized present and ends up being a jewelry-box-sized present sitting in a sea of empty boxes, magazine pages, wrapping paper, and a fair amount of tape.

Sometimes I think her thought process goes something like this:


All that to say, it's one thing to go through all of those layers and get a present. It's another to get a flea. Or, in my case, a broken crayon. But I guess it's okay, because after I got down to the crayon, she very kindly pulled out the actual gift: coloring books.

I am nineteen years old, and my sixteen-year-old sister gave me coloring books for my birthday. I am legitimately excited. Don't judge. (Coloring is very relaxing, you know. Plus, they're Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph coloring books. It's hard to get more awesome than Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph coloring books.)

I never liked coloring books when I was little. In fact, I like them a lot more now than I did then. Whenever I got coloring/activity books, I always did all the activities and ignored all the coloring pages. Now I'm finding that I ignore the activity pages and just do the coloring pages.

Coloring book inversion. Who would've thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment