Tuesday, October 15, 2013

IST: Ordinary Miracle, Sarah Mclachlan


I like to think that when God does miracles, He doesn't always do the supernatural type. I think He often works through the coincidental, the trivial, the mundane. We just don't always recognize them for the miracles they are.

I think it's a miracle when I look out my window and see for just a second a sky filled to the brim with different shades of cloud over trees ranging from green to red, a blue jay, and a rabbit.

I think it's a miracle when people build relationships on strong foundations and know that they can talk about anything and everything and know that there's no judgement, just love.

I think it's a miracle when I can curl up inside, watch the rain mist over the ground, stay warm and cozy and dry.

I think it's a miracle when we learn in chapel how to dance an Israeli dance and it doesn't matter if we mess up or what because we're just here to celebrate our great God.

I think it's a miracle when I can funnel my thoughts into words and my words into a device that will send them almost instantaneously to someone I care about, whether they are steps or miles or half the world away.

I think it's a miracle when people living in a community they didn't even arrange themselves can grow together and love one another and have good relationships with each other.

I think it's a miracle when I can take joy in something simple and laugh at silly things.

I think it's a miracle when my sister folds a piece of paper into a crane or a flower or a bear or any one of a hundred other things.

I think it's a miracle when we're invited to join in a story so much bigger than ourselves, when we can run and not grow weary, when we can rest, be still, and know that He is God.

What miracles are hiding around us today?

1 comment:

  1. I like this! Thanks for the reminder. :) I'll be on the lookout today...

    ReplyDelete