Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Arrrrrrrrrrgh

No, I am not a pirate.

There is nothing quite like being woken up at 2:30 in the morning by a fire alarm. Especially one that is super loud. And reverberates through the hallway. And flashes. Right above your bed.

My residence hall kind of has a reputation for being the one with all the fire alarms. Last year it was because of faulty wiring. This year, it's because people are stupid. (The wiring has been fixed, but we've still managed to have more fire alarms go off than the rest of campus put together.)

As far as I can tell, three questions remain:
  1. Who makes mac and cheese at 2:30 am? (Answer: college guys.)
  2. Who burns mac and cheese at 2:30 am? (Answer: also college guys.)
  3. How on earth do you burn mac and cheese? (Answer: unknown.)

Of course, this the same floor of guys that put a big lump of frozen bacon in a pan at 1:00 am last semester and seemed to think it would cook. And left the room while the bacon was just sitting on the stove. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

But seriously, how do you burn mac and cheese? I mean, if it was stovetop I could understand, but how many college students make stovetop mac and cheese? (Answer: only the ones without microwaves. How many students at my college do not have access to a microwave? (Answer: none.))

Needless to say, there were some grumpy people standing outside at 2:30 in the morning. Because it was late. And cold. And raining.

Oh, college...

No comments:

Post a Comment